Pastor of Leadership Development
Roger and his wife love their ministry at COC. While Roger has been on staff at COC since 1988, he always says that if he didn't work here, this would be the church he would choose for his family. He has a tremendous amount of respect for Bob Childress and the other Elders at the church. The church leadership functions as a loving team and the church family is a very gracious and loving group to shepherd and of which to be a part. Santa Clarita is blessed with quite a few good and solid churches but for him, Church of the Canyon is the highlight.
Items he genuinely appreciates about the church
- Almost everyone is involved serving in a needed ministry
- God's Word is a priority both as a blueprint for life and ministry and in the preaching and teaching ministry
- The Children's Ministry is a highlight for him because his children are not just taught to be "good", they are taught the Bible and how a right relationship with God results in right living
- The leaders and people are committed to what God wants for his church
- Being a part of the church is like being in a really good family
His Personal History
Roger became a Christian during the last week of his senior year in high school. Shortly after that he began working with junior high students in his church youth group. During this time he received the call into ministry and pursued training at the Master's College. While a student at Master's, he discovered Church of the Canyons.
Roger began his ministry at Church of the Canyons as a high school youth leader in September 1988. By February of the next year Roger was brought on staff in the youth ministry. During this time he met his wife Michele who was serving as a high school youth leader. They were married in 1991 and in 2004 he transitioned to his current position as Pastor of Leadership Development. During their ministry at COC, Roger and Michele have been blessed with four wonderful children: Jessica, Julianne, John, and Jackson.
Roger has a degree from both The Master's College and The Master's Seminary and is Ordained in the EFCA.